Monday, 5 November 2012

Monday's are shit

I have so much school work to do, so naturally this is going to be a long rambling post.

Today was complete shit.
I woke up feeling pretty bad after taking seven laxatives last night. I then weighed myself and I've gained 1.4lbs since last week.
I got back into bed and cried for a few hours. I didn't go to school. I couldn't move. I'm going to fail all my subjects because I keep skipping classes, but I just couldn't face anyone, I felt too large to even fit out of the door.
I've started self harming badly again. Last night I went on a late night walk to buy some 'emergency blades' because I dropped mine down the back of a chest of drawers the other day and I can't find it. I cut both arms last night, and cut again this morning, deep cuts. Much deeper than normal.

I wasn't hungry, I felt like anything I ate would make me gain even more. I remember getting a glass of diet coke, and my dad asking if I was okay but I didn't answer, I just shut myself in the bathroom and cried on the floor for ages.
Then my appetite switched, I ate, and ate, and ate, and purged. Purged a lot.
I was almost late to my GP appointment because I was purging until the last possible moment when I had to leave.
In my appointment he looked at the diary of when I cut, purge or abuse laxatives (he asked me to make it so he can see what triggers it and how severe it is); he said it was worse than he expected and commented on the blank period when I was in London. I explained I was with my sister, so he was like "oh so you were happy then and didn't need to do anything", when I replied with "no, I wanted to but her bathroom wall was too thin to purge" he looked really worried. He went off to photocopy the diary page, and when he was gone I started crying, I thought I'd composed myself by the time he got back. He said it seemed triggered by stress and anxiety and said at my mental health assessment thing next week they might give me some anti-anxiety medication to help. He still hasn't made any link between purging and weight loss. Something only a male doctor could ever miss, but I'm glad; I'm not ready to give this weight loss journey up yet.
I was fighting back tears when I left, and I had to go to the doctor surgery toilets to have a mini breakdown because I couldn't hold back the tears any longer. It took me about fifteen minutes to compose myself enough to leave and make my next appointment at reception.

Then a few hours later after I'd finally calmed down and felt okay about everything he rung me on my house phone!! And my mum picked up. She came up to my room, and just said "the doctor's on the phone" in a really suspicious voice. And of course when I went downstairs to talk to him my dad didn't leave the room so I had to reply to everything in one word inconspicuous answers.
According to my doctor I looked a little 'down' when I left, and he said he realised he hadn't said anywhere near enough to me, and the thought of me waiting another week until my assessment scared him, so he's made me another appointment with him on Wednesday so he can make sure I'm actually okay. I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm going to kill myself and he's scared he'll get sued.
So after the phone call I basically ran upstairs and ran a bath to give myself time to come up with an excuse to tell my parents. After half an hour of crying uncontrollably in the bathroom I went downstairs and they didn't even ask. My parents had completely forgotten.
So I ate three bites of dinner, threw the rest in the bin.
And here I am, terrified, confused, relieved, hurt, glad, sad?  I don't even know anymore.

Sorry that was such a ramble. Also sorry I've been such a bad commenter recently, I have been reading, I just feel like I've forgotten how to talk to people, I never know what to say. But I love you all, and I'm so sorry if I've neglected anyone lately.

7 comments:

  1. You're not neglectful. Everyone here should understand what's going on, or at least understand that you're struggling. I love you!!
    I'm sorry that you're appointment didn't go as you had wanted it to, but at least he noticed, and wants to talk to you again soon. Of course it has to be on Wednesday... ^_- Just sayin'. But i'm glad that he at least noticed something, and that he might actually be able to help you. The only thing you need to remember, is that you need to be honest. Without honesty, you aren't going to get the help you want, and i'd hate to see you get any worse.
    I love you, and i'm always here to talk to you, day or night. Don't worry about waking me up, or bothering me. I am always available to talk to you.
    Stay strong, until Wednesday at least. Xx <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mondays may be shit but you are amazing <3 sorry you having such a hard time.. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make things right. You deserve all the happiness in the world and it breaks my heart to know you are going through this.

    Love you, always sorry for not being there :( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you're okay darling.
    Have you ever tried punching something really hard, like a bag for boxers, when you want to self harm. I think it might help relieve the violence need. I don't want you to hurt yourself so bad. I'm scared. I love you so much, I feel so sad.

    I am sure the doctor really wants to help you. He seems very concerned. I don't think he even thought about being sued or anything. I feellike he just wants to help you. Try and go to a few appointments and if you feel you can trust him, or feel close enough, I think you should tell him that purging is related to weight loss, or at least drop a few clues. I know that may sound terrifying, but the only way things are gonna get better is by facing them properly.

    Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your not shit for not commenting, we know that you are having a tough time and we totally understand.

    I'm glad you went to the doctor and were able to be honest, I hope he can help you, not just with meds but with setting you up with a therapist or someone who knows about eating disorders and self harm.

    You deserve to be happy and well and I believe you will get there
    You are to beautiful to waste your life on this illness

    Try to hold on, take it a day at a time or even an hour at a time (that's how I'm getting through at the moment)

    Sending you strength, hope and faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweetheart sweetheart sweetheart
    you're bound to feel a bit/very anxious about the assessment next week, even subconsciously, honestly it wont be as bad as you think (i really hope). i've had 2 great assessments, yes to tell the truth i also had a disaster assessment too, but generally people are understanding that you will be on edge, frightened, confused, afraid, feeling down and like it is hopeless.

    i love you so so much.

    also remember that restricting leads to binging in most cases. i hate acknowledging this. i often go "bullshit, thats an excuse" but it isn't. even the best restricters cave in. so maybe try to be kinder to yourslef, and if you dont want anything, try and have something, even if only to stop from binging and purging. i know i gain when i binge and purge, and that might make you feel even more unstable and afraid of the assessment.

    i can give you my mobile number and my facebook if you need some extra support. just ask/ send me your email for this and i'll send it straight to you if you think it might be able to help and make you feel less alone xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally normal to feel anxious about the assessment, do not worry, just tell them the truth :) They can help you that way :) It will all be ok,i promise, the road will be long and maybe rocky, but you will get there xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like he is honestly worried about you, not just worried about liability. I'm so glad you were able to open up to him.

    He may not make a link between purging and weight loss - but they aren't always connected. When I was 12-14 I would purge after dinner and eat little the rest of the time, but it wasn't connected to my weight. I don't remember ever weighing myself at this time, and have no idea if it even effected my weight. Obviously it's a different situation, but he mightn't make the link because there isn't always one. Unless you tell him it's about weight loss, I don't know if he'd pick it up, so the ball's in your court there.

    Could you give him your mobile/cell number, and ask him not to call the house phone?

    Love you, I hope you're okay. Let us know how your Wednesday appointment went. Sorry I don't comment nearly enough anymore xxxx

    ReplyDelete