Things with my friend who I kissed are okay, I think.
He messaged me saying he didn't want it to be awkward between us, so we should just talk about it and get it over with so we can stay mates, I replied 'we were both pretty drunk and it shouldn't have happened, I really hope we can stay friends because I'd hate if it was awkward between us.'
It seemed to work we had a semi-normal conversation, but I feel like he kept talking for too long, asked too many questions. I don't know, I'm probably just being really up myself, he probably doesn't like me at all, he probably only messaged me because he think I'm in love with him or something and he didn't want it to be awkward for me. Haha, who knows. I read way too much into everything.
I had an appointment with my GP this morning. I actually forgot about it because I normally see him at 4 pm, I completely forgot because he was on holiday he'd booked me in as his first 8.30 am appointment so he could see me as soon as possible. Luckily the receptionist was really nice and told me to stick around and I got to see him barely five minutes after I turned up.
He hadn't received his copy of the letter the mental health team (I hate the sound of that, I don't feel like I'm mentally ill) sent yet, so he said he'll ring me when he gets it - he also took my mobile number this time so he won't have to ring my house phone ever again - and then I'll have to go back in to see him.
I actually stood up for myself for the first time ever, and said I didn't see the CBT helping in the long term, because it only really solves the maladaptive coping strategies, and does nothing to relieve the problems which are causing me the need these coping strategies. And he agreed with me.
He told me he still thinks I should go to a couple of the appointments, but that if I don't think it's working for me then he'll ring the mental health clinic on my behalf and say that I've tried it but it's not working so he thinks they need to give me some kind of medication.
I'm really starting to like him. I can tell from his language that he hates my dad. I feel like he's on my side. He doesn't try to defend my dad or use my dad's stroke as an excuse for his behaviours, he just says he understands my dad is a major cause of stress and anxiety that I can't escape from, so he thinks medication to help numb the feelings my dad causes would be good.
My parents have been arguing so much recently. I think their first argument of the day was because my mum didn't put the scissors back in the drawer. My dad was screaming at her for ages, he's pathetic.
Then she started having a go at him because of how messy the house is after he sits around at home doing literally nothing all day. He turned it round and said that it was me who makes all the mess, and she never has a go at me for leaving my shoes out, so why is she picking on him? Etc etc.
I just stood in the kitchen listening to them fight over me for ages.
My dad has never once told me to clean up, he acts like I don't exist most of the time.
During my mental health assessment (which my parents still don't know about) the psychologist thought I was exaggerating when I said I stay home from school all day and my dad doesn't notice me in the house, she told me it was my anxieties talking.
Today I went to my friend's to revise. I was gone for at least three hours, when I got home all he said was "oh, I didn't even notice you'd gone out" then he just walked off.
I'm so invisible.

Hey lovely,
ReplyDeleteFirstly, you are not an awful friend. I know you are going through a lot too, and I appreciate your comments, but I also appreciate you, so I will love you no matter if you comment or don't comment, so please dont worry about that.
It sounds like we have a lot of similar issues behind our behaviours. I don't have a good relationship with my dad either. As for the mental health team not fully understanding, they will if you go to more sessions. Do you think a counsellor would be better than cbt? cbt, your right, is only good at stoping you binge/self-harm and not solving the problems, but youd still get the cbt therapist to talk to at the same time? I understand whatever you decide and im glad your gp is nice. that really helps.
i dont know if you ever fancy meeting up, if that is too creepy or something, but if you fancied a rant over a coffee/diet coke/ wander and a hug and some support, i'd happily do that, and im not just saying it either.
take care little star
xxx
Hey, I'm not sure whether counselling would be better or not. They said CBT might be better because I was so unwilling to talk about anything properly. So they thought the CBT would be less stressful, as I don't have to bring up any pain from the past.
DeleteWhere in England do you live? Or could I get your email address so we can talk properly off this blog? I would truly love to meet you, I want to give you a hug and try to cheer you up so badly.
xx
Unfortunately most females read into things. It is in our nature for some unkown reason.
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are listening to this doctor/therapist? it sounds like he is on your side and is willing to listen to you. There is nothing worse than feeling like you are not being listened to.
I think your Dad will look back on these years and really regret not being more present for you. I hope things can change for you soon. That is really sad. I kind of know how you feel with being invisible. i feel that way to my dad anway. i am 23 years old and I still feel invisible. But its because he can't think about anything but work work work.
Thank you. I doubt my dad will ever look back and regret it, he seems to think he's a wonderful father, nothing can penetrate his bubble of self satisfaction.
DeleteI'm so sorry things are bad with your dad too, I wish I could make you happy.
Take care.
Stay strong! I've heard my parent's yelling matches many MANY times. times like those I throw in my head phones turn up the volume and go for a run, or to the gym or even just hide in my bed. things will be okay, and you will always have me! *hugs*
ReplyDeleteAw thank you sweetie.
DeleteI'm sorry you have to go through the same things too.
I'm always here for you too, thank you so much for your comment.
I hope you're okay?
I'm so glad you've been able to talk with your doctor. He seems to really listen & take action on what you say. Sorry I've been so absent lately, but I was thinking of you just the other day, when you hadn't posted for a couple of weeks. It's just so good to hear that you've found a doctor who 'gets it'!
ReplyDeleteLove you. Take care of yourself darling
xxBella
Hey darling. I hope you're doing okay, you've been going through so much recently, I wish I could do something to make you happy.
DeleteYou're so kind, thank you so much for all your love and support, it means so much to me.
Love you, take care.
babe please dont listen to your dad try to ignore what he says and remember you are a wonderful wonderful person! I have nomionated you for an award on my blog so please check it out :) x
ReplyDeleteLove you beautiful, thank you so much.
Delete