Does anyone know how long the contraceptive pill, or I guess pills in general, take to be absorbed by the body?
I'm going to get it tomorrow, but is there any point if I'm just going to end up purging it after a binge?
Do you think that if I took the pill at 8/9 am then by 2 pm it would be okay to purge?
I could maybe purge a bit later than that, but that's the average time when I normally start binging/purging.
I decided that going on the pill is probably a safe bet for me. I had unprotected sex twice last month. I know it's stupid and idiotic. I literally don't know what's wrong with me, I have been educated, I know everything there is to know about contraception, but clearly after a few drinks my mind just detaches from my body.
I can't risk it again.
Is anyone else who purges, or uses laxatives, on the contraceptive pill? Or does anyone know anything about it at all?
I'm going to see my school nurse tomorrow at lunch time, so I have until then to decide whether or not it's a good idea or a waste of time.
Just needed some opinions on it really, haha.
Okay, I'm going to go back to my revision now.
Love you.
It takes about 2-3 hours to be absorbed. I've never taken it (chosen other methods- injection and recently, implant) or purged by vomiting so I'm unable to help on that side. Stay safe lovey xx
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add, you're supposed to take a second pill later on just in case as long as you definitely won't throw it up. I think if you vomit a second pill it's like missing them xx
ReplyDeleteI take it at night, you know right before bed when there will be no more eating or purging and that way it has plenty of time to be absorbed. I don't think it matters what time you take it, as long as you take it at around the same time every day.
ReplyDeleteAlice xx
Do it babe - better to be safe than sorry, as much as I'd love to see your offspring I think it's a bit early for that right now lol x love you loads!!! xx
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely not a waste of time. I have an implant so I've never taken them, but it won't take longer than a few hours to absorb. Love you lots, stay safe xxxx
ReplyDeleteP.s, still keep a pack of condoms in your purse and try to remember. I don't want you catching any nasties! Xxxx
Definitely worth it, STDs and pregnancy scares are an absolute nightmare. And if you take it at night before bed (set a timer on your phone so you don't forget), then you won't have to worry about it being purged. I agree with Bella, though--use a condom for STD protection if you're having sex with someone you're not 100% sure is free of STDs. If a pill's too hard for you to remember/not throw up, look into another method of birth control, it's worth the time to avoid the worry and stress of unprotected sex.
ReplyDelete<3
If you're worried about not absorbing the hormones, take it before bed each night. Or a better option, go for the Nuvaring. Only have to deal with it once a month, and it's less likely to make you feel ill or gain weight like so many of the pills do. Whatever you choose, stay away from the depo shot. It's horrid.
ReplyDeleteYou'll definitely be fine if you take it at 8 or 9 am. But, like everybody else is saying, it might be a good idea for you to take it before bed. The patient info says to use back-up birth control (condoms) if you have severe vomiting or diarrhea. However, I was taking birth control pills and laxatives daily for several months and I didn't get pregnant.
ReplyDeleteI was vomiting from being ill and my doctor told me I had to use extra protection if because I was on the pill. Its the same if you have diarrhea you have to use extra protection, so I'm assuming if you are using lax and/or purging it will be the same.
ReplyDeleteCould be my doctor was covering her own back though, I'd do what the other girls are saying and take it before bed.
I tried the pill but it's a pain in the ass to keep track of. Now I'm on the DepoProvera shot! I get it once every three months and it's the best thing ever! Ya only have to remember it four times a year lol and it got rid of my periods completely. I highly recommend it!
ReplyDeleteThat is a good question. I found taking my pill at night worked best for me( when I was taking the pill ) I would take it at 10pm. So much easier than me trying to wake up at 6am every morning :-P
ReplyDeleteI don't know anything about pills but my advice is that next time you go to a party where you know you'll drink, take a condom in your pocket, so that you'll have no excuse to have unprotected sex. Pill is good for pregnancy stuff but it does not protect from aids or other illnesses... Please be careful
ReplyDeleteLove you, take care of yourself <3
Be careful, I purge a lot and thought it would be safe to take the pill before i went ot bed but I still got pregnant. I'd recommend condoms or something else like the injection or implant. Stay safe
ReplyDelete