I've recently got this weird thing against ribs. I don't know why, it's so far away that I'll ever even be able to clearly see my ribcage, but I just think they look really.. bulky?
I was just looking at this plastic skeleton in my science lab at school, and everything was so so perfect, except for the ribs.
I'm probably just crazy, I mean I like being able to see my ribs, even though I can barely see the lower ribs on me at the moment, but I just want my ribs to be smaller? Does that make sense?
As you can probably tell today's been a weird day.
Does anyone else understand what I mean?
It might be an uncontrollable bone structure thing, but some people just have nicer ribs than others. It's just given me something else to worry about, which is absurd because I'm not even skinny enough to have noticeable ribs yet.
Oh and I used those pictures just to show the different types, not saying I think they all have 'bad ribs' just they do all look really different?
Or is it just that some of them are slimmer than others so their ribs just show more?
I feel like a freak right now, I'm so tempted to delete this post, but I'm interested to see if anyone knows anything about what corsets do, do they change rib structure at all? Or not structure but kind of how the ribs look in comparison with the body?
Don't judge me for my weirdness please, haha.



I agree, I've always thought they stick out too much. This isn't help by the fact my right ribs stick out more than my left ones (not that they attualy stick out).
ReplyDeleteIf you're weird it means I am too :P
I personally love ribs, but I know what you mean. They're very round. If you wear corsets for a very long time, they sort of mold your bones into place. Research Dita Von Teese. She got her waist down to 18 inches!
ReplyDeleteCorsets don't make permanent changes. After a while your ribs, waist will be smaller without a corset but you'll have to wear one almost all the time because long periods without one will have your body going back to its natural state.:-(
ReplyDeleteoh huni i think the exact same thing!! my ribs are horrid i envy girls with petite rib cages.. you are adorbs btw <3 x
ReplyDeleteCorsets will only squish your ribs while you wear them. I used to make them (proper historical reproductions) and cinch my waist from 32" to 24" every day before I became sick, though I definitely went straight back to a 32" waist and normal ribs when I took it off - they don't make any changes to you structure after you take it off. I don't think they'll help with what you're looking for. I wish I could still wear them though - I have a 21" natural waist currently so I think I could stand a chance of breaking the world record (15"!) if could still waist train like I used to, but they hurt too much on my bones now. I miss my corsets and historical dresses!
ReplyDeleteI'm also very self-conscious about my ribs. Mine are very round and subtle even at my LW, and I wish they 'pointed' more. The grass is always greener on the other side!
Take care xx
I get what you meen I have the largest ribs ever, even at my HW of 145lbs my friends joked arround saying I had 2pairs of boobs, I being normal fatty tissue and the other pair being bone boobs.
ReplyDeleteTake care hunn
Ribs do differ from person to person. Some people have ribs that jut out more so at the bottom and others that don't see their ribs until they're well underweight. You're not crazy <3 I've often worried that my bulky ribs will make me look thick under shirts even after I reach 100lb :/ lol.
ReplyDelete-Emma <3
i want ribs like the last girl in the pictures you posted, man she is perfect! you're definitely not alone in your rib crusade :) xxxx
ReplyDeleteThey've found skeletons of women from the Renaissance times whose rib cages were permanently deformed from wearing corsets. These are women who have worn them daily, and laced them too tight, since they started puberty. Their bones were still growing--they were still moldable. It may be too late for you dear =(
ReplyDeleteI feel like my ribs are ridiculously large too. Like the bones are too ... wide or something and I'd rather they were smaller
ReplyDeleteCorsets are fun to wear but by the end off the night its hard to breath lol, i wear corsets depending on the outfit or occasion the only thing they really do is keep you from holding your stomach out and keep your back straight... I think the ribs thing depends on the person, i feel the same way about my ribs but went to the chiropractor i found out that it was because my ribs were out of place and when they adjusted them it looked beautiful lol, everyone is different but i think once you know what your rib cage looks like you might just love the look.. You should ask the teacher is the skeleton is male or female, if its male that might be why they are bulky lol
ReplyDeletethere was a woman who wore a corset all the time. when she woke up until she went to sleep. Ow as she even sleeping in it? I don't remember. But when she was at the doctor and he did an X-Ray, it showed that all her organs are squished and moved... So far from healthy. I think we shouldn't add somethink like hat to our EDs...
ReplyDeleteI get what you mean. It's how I feel about hips and waist. Like I feel like my waist will always look wide no matter what. I would like for it to look medium to long length, like the girl in the photo in the middle. Shoot I will even take the girl in the 1st photo. I feel like my waist looks like that except....fat.
ReplyDeleteAs usual you just say what we are all thinking >.<