Saturday, 13 October 2012

R.I.P. Kirsty

Someone I know died today.

We weren't close, I don't think I've even seen her for over a year, but it's really shaken me up.
A car crash. She must have been terrified.

I really wasn't close to her at all. She was a bit intimidating to say the least. But she was funny, and she could be quite sweet. She was in the 'gangster' group in school, I remember her taking cocaine in the toilets of someone's fourteenth birthday party, but she was still in top sets for most of her subjects despite her social life. I used to sit next to her in maths, and she was pretty good, she must have actually taken time out to revise and do homework now I think about it. I probably judged her unfairly when she was alive.
It was her birthday today as well. Her 18th. She died on her 18th birthday, how unfair, that's actually horrible. I can't stop crying just thinking about it.
She has the same birthday as her best friend. I can't even imagine how her best friend's feeling now. They were out together last night, I wonder if she was in the car with her too. It's so horrible to think about.

I feel sick thinking about it.

Rest in peace, Kirsty.

9 comments:

  1. oh my god, thats a terrible situation...im sorry for her...*

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no thats horrid.. thats really really tragic. Life is so precarious.. Reading it reminded me of winter girls :\ I hope you are ok.. you are such a tender soul, my heart goes out to you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to read that sweetie, why is it always that the good are taken so young?

    Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am soo sorry honey. this is heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shit. This is awful...It really puts things into perspective doesn't it...she is at peace now xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 18th birthday is in less than 2 weeks.... I can't even imagine. I know a lot of people who have gotten into car crashes lately, and it's so sad. Hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sad... people should love their lives even if it is difficult. Take care of you <3

    ReplyDelete