We had a university open day today. I still have absolutely no idea what I want to study at university; but the one thing I have decided is.. I almost definitely want to take a gap year to visit South America and Africa.
Me and my friend discussed it all afternoon, and it's definitely possible. If we do some fundraising to help us out, as we'll be doing volunteering so the money will go to a good cause.
I'm so excited; I've always thought it would be great to go on a gap year, but I never really thought it was achievable until now. It is actually physically possible to save that amount of money in two years, with a combination of saving, getting a job and fundraising.
Of course when I got home and told my mum she was completely negative about it, and said I was totally unrealistic. She didn't even ask about any details. Now I'm even more determined to raise the money, just to prove her wrong.
this sounds awesome! i've always wanted to do mission trips because I still can't figure out what I want to go to school for.
ReplyDeleteDon't let your mom discourage you, she's probably just upset you'd be leaving and wants to bring you down so you won't go "/
I know, I've always wanted to go, and I don't see the point in going to university for three years without having a clue what I'm aiming to be.
DeleteI don't think she really cares if I leave or not, recently my entire family has basically stopped talking to me. My dad now actively ignores me half the time. I can't wait to move out.