Thursday, 16 August 2012

It's my A level results tomorrow. I've spent the past month repressing the thought, but now I'm just drunk (on not much alcohol because the worry's helping me not eat much) and all I want to do is cry because I'm sure I've done badly and I'll have to retake most of my subjects.
Also I've been thinking about what I actually want to do. For ages I convinced myself that I want to do History at university, just because my sister approves, but really I want to do Psychology. I want to study teenage depression and eating disorders. I have experience in it and that it's what I want to do. I don't care if my fucking sister who wants to be a vet says I'm not as clever as her because psychology's an 'easy subject' it's what I'm interested in, and it's what I want to do.
What do you guys think? Should I do psychology regardless of society and it's thoughts? I think that if I can sort myself out by the time I graduate, then I would love to dedicate my life to helping people going through the same shit as I went through, and letting them know what they're feeling is normal.
I want to maybe be the one to develop eating disorder treatments. To be based on physical requirements is insane considering it's purely a mental illness. I want to change that. I think a person has to really go through a mental hardship to truly understand a psychological disorder.

I've just rambled so much I don't even know what I just said. But I seriously love all you guys. I almost posted something the other day with personal shout outs to all my personal favourite bloggers/commenters but then I remembered everyone who at some point with either a positive comment or a post I relate to who's helped me, so in the end I concluded everyone of my followers or followees has really helped me at some point, so here right now, I thank you all. You keep me alive.

Also my parents are having a huge argument upstairs at the moment. I think they're close to breaking point. I know my mum's been sleeping on the sofa rather than on his floor (they never share a bed) and recently my mum's been sticking up for herself) but I wish they'd either split up or stop arguing, the in between in killing me. Listening to them argue is horrible, especially when they're arguing over me or my sister.
There's nothing worse than sitting upstairs listening to your family bitch about you, and accuse you of things you didn't do. Once my sister lost £20 and accused me until she found it under her bed. And my dad lost a magnet and accused me. And my mum drunk loads and thought I must have stolen her alcohol because she 'didn't remember drinking that much'. I just get the blame for everything. It's not fair. Because I avoid my family does not mean I'm a thief.

Sorry I'll shut up now. Thank you again to everyone who's there for me. Especially Cleona and Rayya, purely because I talk to them on places other than this blog, especially Cleona, I literally don't know what I'd do without you.
Every one of you are so wonderful. It's like a proper community. I read the comments that others leave you everyone's posts and I relate to even the comments. You guys are wonderful. Much more understanding than even my closest 'real life' friends.
Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your followers keeping you sane... It's so nice to know we're not alone, and that there are people who care and are supportive. I think you should study what you want to do, not what someone else says you should--if you're going to dedicate years of your life to learning about something, why not have it be something you like? I really think mental health is fascinating, I think a lot of people with eating disorders are interested in it because we're so involved with it.
    I'm sure you did better than you think on your A levels.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) darling! dont let anyone deter you from what you want to do, if you want to study psychology then do it, you will really do so much better in a subject you love and you are plenty clever enough! i am sure you did fine, its natural to freak out and think you have failed - i do that after every exam, and i have every faith in you you little star :) i cant wait for you to tell us your results tomorrow.. <3

    And i feel the same about you lovely, you help me more than you know and for that i am forever grateful :) you are such an amazing person and i honestly hope that things work out family wise as well.. i know its tough for you right now, but none of it is your fault, and no one really blames you they just want something more to have a go about.. *another excuse to argue*

    love you doll! <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should do what you want to do hunn. Regardless of what others might think. The thought of revolutionising the way ED's are treated and diagnosed has been a comonly shared ideal by many a wise blogger since i've been on this site. I really do hope it is accomplished some day by you are any of the other ladies with the mind and patience for such work. You seem to be at a crossroads and try to choose the road that will bring you the most satisfaction doll! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lot of people study psyc! I think you could really make a difference and help understand those girls who are suffering out there alone. Plus, you can actually make a very decent living off of it. Stay true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I decided to study Natural Sciences at uni as it was a 'hard' subject and I could get the grades. 7 years later... I am a fresher again studying for my 3rd degree in the subject that I actually wanted to study when I was 18. I could have been in this amazing job for 7 years now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If Psychology makes you happy. Do it. Life is way way to short to be stuck in a job that you don't love. Its amazing that you want to help other people, and I think you should go for it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that my dad accused me to have stolen a very expensive pen, when I was younger. I said I don't have it and I don't even know which one he means. He didn't believe me until he found it in his briefcase. But did he apologize? Noooo of course not...

    I definitely think you should study Psychology, if it's what you want to do. It's your life not your sister's. Like Beth said: Life is way way to short to be stuck in a job that you don't love. It's a job you will have to do for a long time, and if you wake up and hate the thought of going to work it ruins your life...

    ReplyDelete