I said I would post a list of all my thinspo songs on my last post, so here it is.
I actually have a bit under 100 songs. I feel like I've failed you. And I'll admit, not all of them are actually ED related, but they can be interpreted however you please, and as with everything I plan to interpret them in a ED way.
Perfect - Alanis Morissette
Crash And Burn - Ana & Mia
Outta Me, Onto You - Ani DiFranco
Diamonds - Ben Howard
Skinny Love - Birdy
Skinny Love - Bon Iver
Lua - Bright Eyes
All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me) - Bullet For My Valentine
Swallowed - Bush
Rainy Days And Mondays - The Carpenters
Bulimic Beats - Catatonia
Fix You - Coldplay
Someone I Once Knew - Dead Celebrity Status
Sweetest Perfection - Depeche Mode
Skinny - Edith Backlund
Sophie - Eleanor McEvoy
'Till I Collapse - Eminem
Away From Me - Evanescence
Deadly Beauty - Faces Without Names
Anorexia - Fakebestfriend
Skinny - Filter
Better Version Of Me - Fiona Apple
The First Taste - Fiona Apple
Slow Like Honey - Fiona Apple
Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
Fast As You Can - Fiona Apple
Criminal - Fiona Apple
All Around Me - Flyleaf
World War Me - From First To Last
Bleed Like Me - Garbage
Starving For Attention - Geri Karlstrom
I Feel Pretty/Unpretty - Glee Cast
Halo - Haley James Scott
Bandages - Hot Hot Heat
Anorexic Love Song - Jack's Mannequin
Rules - Jayme Dee
Barcelona - Jewel
Absence Of Fear - Jewel
Lucy At The Gym - Jill Sobule
Supermodel - Jill Sobule
Beautiful - Joydrop
Feed Me - Juliana Hatfield
Not An Addict - K's Choice
Skeleton Song - Kate Nash
Addicted - Kelly Clarkson
What Doesn't Kill You - Kelly Clarkson
Big Isn't Beautiful - King Adora
Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
Other Side Of The World - KT Tunstall
The Fear - Lily Allen
Everyone's At It - Lily Allen
She's Falling Apart - Lisa Loeb
The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future - Los Campesinos!
Binge And Purge - Lunachicks
4st 7lb - Manic Street Preachers
She Is Suffering - Manic Street Preachers
Slash 'N' Burn - Manic Street Preachers
Eyesore - Maria Mena
Skin & Bones - Marianas Trench
Feeling Small - Marianas Trench
Woman Lose Weight - Morcheeba
Reflection - Mulan
Teen Creeps - No Age
All Around The World - Oasis
I'm Broken - Pantera
Scars - Papa Roach
Pressure - Paramore
Don't Let Me Get Me - Pink
Just Like A Pill - Pink
Numbers - Pompeii
Anorexic Beauty - Pulp
Never Good Enough - Rachel Ferguson
Creep - Radiohead
Jenny, You're Barely Alive - Rilo Kiley
Breathe Me - Sia
Ana's Song (Open Song) - Silverchair
Me Against The World - Simple Plan
Tunic (Song For Karen) - Sonic Youth
Beauty From Pain - Superchick
Courage - Superchick
Me And Mia - Ted Leo & The Pharmacists
Hunger Strike - Temple Of The Dog
Animal I Have Become - Three Days Grace
Get Out Alive - Three Days Grace
Never Too Late - Three Days Grace
Over And Over - Three Days Grace
Pain - Three Days Grace
Unpretty - TLC
Crucify - Tori Amos
I'm A Fake - The Used
Untouched - The Veronicas
90210 - Wale
Can't Go Back Now - The Weepies
Skeletons - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
I Want To Break Free - Queen
I Want It All - Queen
Under Pressure - Queen
The Show Must Go On - Queen
You're My Best Friend - Queen
Buried Myself Alive - The Used
Every Breath You Take - Sting
Russian Roulette - Rihanna
Rehab - Rihanna
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Comfortably Numb - Scissor Sisters
Mama Mia - Abba
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
What I've Done - Linkin' Park
Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Try (Just A Little Bit Harder) - Janis Joplin
Knockin' On Heaven's Door - Guns 'N' Roses
Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry
If I Could Be Like That - 3Doors Down
Hate Me - Blue October
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Seize The Day - Avenged Sevenfold
Fragile - Maria Mena
Just A Little Bit - Maria Mena
If anybody has any suggestions please let me know. I could keep adding to this until we have the ultimate playlist, haha.
Missy Higgins has a few that fit into this.
ReplyDeleteThe River - by Missy Higgins, its not about eating disorders but its about abuse and trama and suicide.
Nightminds, and also Katie by Missy Higgins.
I was just listening to her album when I saw this post. :)
I've just downloaded those songs, I love her style of singing. Thank you so much for the recommendations.
DeleteI really like Beautiful by Bethany Dillon. I don't know if that fits into this or not.
ReplyDeleteI never really listen to music except when I'm running, and it's normally alternative/rock, sometimes metal - anything to get the heart pumping. And when I'm depressed I listen to sad songs. Though I do love Courage by Superchick, and lyrics from Creep and a few other songs for ED-related stuff. Sometimes I even find lyrics by artists that frequent my running playlist (Manson, Bauhaus, MCR, Sisters of Mercy & Deadmau5 are my favourites) can be interpreted with ED meanings. One that hit me hard on my run this morning was Sleep by MCR, because I don't normally listen to it. The lines "Don't you breathe for me, undeserving of your sympathy, 'cause there no way that I'm sorry for what I did", "And through it all, how could you cry for me? 'cause I don't feel bad about it" and "'cause there ain't no way I'm coming back again" really got me. Not exactly thinspiring, if anything most things I pick up on like that are more related to the 'slow suicide' side of things. Either way, that's my 2 cents.
ReplyDeleteI love love love love "Skinny Love"! I listen to the Birdy version, it's such a good song. The lyrics from "Creep" are good, but Radiohead in general kind of works for me, just the sound I guess, love them <3
ReplyDeleteAlice xx
cant be touched by roy jones. i love it!
ReplyDeleteWow, some of these songs fit perfectly... I never really thought to listen to music that relates to this, usually when I work out I listen to songs with a lot of drum, lol. But now I think I'll check these out too :) Hmm.. Creep by Radiohead is a great one :)
ReplyDelete-Emma
heyy how tall ru + wat was ur lowweight? great list btw!
ReplyDelete5'5, my low weight was probably 122lbs.
DeleteThank you.
I love your list, already downloaded lots of them. Stacie Orrico has a song "dear Friend" which is actually about someone with an ED. Lyrics are a little lame, but the song is great..
ReplyDeleteThank you for all your comments. I plan to download all these songs suggestions the second I have time.
ReplyDeleteI have a few un-ed related songs to add to your list...
ReplyDeleteI Want to Break Free / I Want it All / Under Pressure / The Show Must Go On / You're My Best Friend - Queen
Buried Myself Alive - The Used
Every breath you take - Sting
Russian Roulette / Rehab - Rihanna
Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd
Mama Mia - Abba
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
What I've Done - Linkin Park
Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Try (Just a little bit harder) - Janis Joplin
Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Guns 'n' Roses
Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry
If I Could Be Like That - 3Doors Down
Hate Me - Blue October
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Seize the Day - Avenged Sevenfold
Woah, way more then I thought and I left out some personal inspirations in french or country music. From a variety of genres and decades, these songs mostly bring a feeling of «Its my life, it's my choice to not get help, fuck off i'll be skinny if it kills me!»
Though different people might not get the same message as me from certain songs. Alot of these tunes are depressing to most people but the messages of sadness awaken a desire to not be the sad-fatty anymore!!
ENJOY!!!
Thank you. Finally got round to updating this list. It's crazy how behind I've got at everything.
DeleteAwesome. I am going to save this list somewhere and then go through every last song and listen. I recognize some of them that I really love too. This is really neat!
ReplyDeletexoxo
Great list, the only ones I've hit are Fiona Apple, I'll have to try some of these other ones. XOXOXO
ReplyDeleteFragile and Just a little bit by Maria Mena
ReplyDelete