It was my seventeenth birthday yesterday.
I ate like a fucking pig. I didn't even throw any of it up; I tried to go to the bathroom after our family meal, but my sister came with me so I couldn't get anything up. I did skip dinner because everyone was so full up from the meal, but I still had to eat birthday cake - I was scared that if I didn't at least eat a tiny slice of the cake then my birthday wish wouldn't come true, hahah.
Somehow though, my sister's agreed to become vegan with me. I've been thinking about it for a while now, I mean I've been vegetarian my entire life anyway so by being vegan all it really does it prevent me from binging, because vegan food is hard to binge on and low in calories anyway. My sister described the decision to go vegan as "a way to lose loads of weight without throwing up or turning anorexic." I really don't think she had a clue how true those words were, she was just joking about how little we'll be able to eat. She doesn't know the main reason for my decision is to get me out of my binge/purge habits.
Is anyone else vegan? Any good, low calorie, recipe ideas?
I've had two exams already this week, my first History yesterday, and English Literature today.
I really don't know how well they've gone. I found the questions on the English Literature paper really confusing, not like any of the mocks I'd practised. Only four more exams left to go.
Also, I got the top of my ear pierced yesterday. Completely on impulse, me and my sister were walking past a tattoo parlour, and I just decided to go for it. Now I can't sleep on my left hand side though, I realised why I always sleep on my left last night too; I read somewhere that sleeping on your left will burn more calories than any other position... I really regretted getting the piercing on the left for ages this morning, until I realised that the 3 calories or whatever more that would be burned I won't even notice, whereas this piercing I've wanted for years. I need to stop obsessing over the tiny little things that burn minute amounts of calories.
My sister's hospital appointment went okay, she's got an emergency appointment to have something done in a few weeks, but for the time being she should be okay.
Happy birthday, my dear! Wish you that your dreams will come true and you'll be happy with yourself.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great bday( happy belated bday! ) for someone who ate a lot. It's okay. It was your bday and you deserved a treat. You can start your new eating habits today. I am not vegan but there is this lady I watch on youtube who happens to be vegan, her youtube name is rhocDaVegan. She does mostly hair reviews but every once in a while she gives you a glimpse into the life of being vegan.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'll check her videos out.
DeleteHappy Birthday Lovely! I'm 17 too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm vegan and I love it. You can get out of eating soo much. Most cookies and cakes and high calorie foods have dairy or egg in them.
Don't worry too much about overeating. I mean it was your birthday. Your ED can just go screw itself because today was about YOU. One day a year that you should be happy and eat whatever you want and do whatever you want isn't something you should beat yourself up over. <3
I hope your sister is doing well too. :(
Pride.Strength. Courage.
~TinyRose
Hope you had a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone for the birthday messages. I'm really going to get started on my diet now. 17 is such a good age to be, and I refuse to waste it by being too fat to go out and enjoy myself.
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!!! I know I'm late with the wishes, so please accept my extending you good thoughts and hopes for the entire year. 17 is a good age, you're right.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
<3.