Friday, 20 July 2012

Toned

My sister's decided we're going to start going swimming together as exercise. Which would be great, except she said "We're basically the same size so it won't matter about feeling embarrassed." This will sound bitchy but we're not the same size, she eats like a pig and does no exercise at all, hence why she even suggested the swimming to begin with. She's at least one clothes size bigger than me, if not two.
Obviously I didn't say anything when she said that, I didn't want to sound like a complete bitch and say I was actually smaller, but it's made me so determined to tone my stomach as much as physically possibly between now and when we go swimming, which will probably be in a couple of weeks because we're both too poor at the moment. But either way, I want to be toned as fuck by the time I go swimming with her.
Anyone know any good ways to tone the stomach other than crunches/sit ups? Any tips at all would be greatly appreciated.

My eating hasn't been as flawless as I would have like these past two days. Yesterday was the last day of school, so I went to my friend's house for many drinks. I convinced myself that I was eating because I didn't want to get paralytic, but I know that was just a stupid excuse, I still got really drunk even with all the food.
Today my eating's not been great either, and I could use the hangover excuse, but honestly that's no excuse. If I wanted to do well, if I was truly motivated, then I would just drink water until my hangover left and get over it. Even use the hangover as an excuse to give other people as to why I don't want to eat. I'm so weak.

I'm working for the next two days, so really I have no excuse for eating lunch. The house party I'm going to that my ex will be at is on Monday. I'm not prepared. My weight has just been so up and down recently I don't have a clue where I am. I thought I was at least looking slimmer, even if my weight is fluctuating, but my sister's comment about us looking the same size has thrown me. What if I'm just in denial as to how bad I look? What if I'm so keen to think that I'm losing weight I don't notice myself gaining? I'm actually terrified I look hideous to other people.
On the plus side though, this is official day one of my Summer holidays.
I have a month and a bit with absolutely no plans other than weekend work.
If I don't use this time to lose weight then I'm just wasting time. Because today was slightly messed up by my crippling hangover I'm going to do all my start weights and statistics tomorrow where I can start over from clean and really give it my all.
Not saying I'm not going to try for the rest of today, just that I like to do weights and stuff first thing in the morning before eating so I can be sure it's more true and isn't bloating from what I've eaten or water weight.

I hope everyone's well, thank you so much for all your supportive comments on my other posts, I don't know what I'd do without you wonderful people.

Oh and just to add to your understanding of how weak I am: My sister just went out to walk my nan's dog, she'll be gone for probably less than 20 minutes, and the temptation to go downstairs and find food to binge/purge is overwhelming me. I know exactly what I will eat, I've even worked out the timing of cooking proper food and whether or not she'll come home before I get it all back up. I need my control back.  

6 comments:

  1. hi there..i don't know if u prefer doing yoga or not..there r 2 asanas(positions) namely marjari asan and matasyasan..u can search it on net...it works..other than this leg lifts,leg lifts wid circle & bicycle wil help..u knw once i used a vibrating massager for few days regularly..to flatten my lower paunch..its stupid but it worked :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I hope you get toned in time! :)
    Some things that help to tone your core:
    Yoga
    Planking
    Side Planking

    Ab Flexing (or hold your stomach in using your abs for 10-15 seconds release and repeat)
    Jumping (lift your knees as high as you can when you get in the air and bring your elbows toward them for a "crunch" like move)

    Ab twists ( stand with your feet together and stretch out your arms directly in front of you hold a weight between your hands and slowly twist as far right as you can and slowly return to the starting position then repeat on the left side and start over)

    Tip: on Ab twists the heavier the weight (8-10lbs) the better the results you will feel the burn faster :) Hope this helped! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey.. your sister is probably just saying that to make herself feel better, take no notice of her! and hmm.. when i had a hangover i would drink juice like no ones business (something i never do) and say "its because im hungover and i need it to make me feel better" i know it was just an excuse but that didnt stop me doing it :\ i want a toned stomach too and ive heard bicycle also helps with that.. i need to stop making excuses too! good luck doll! much love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure it's not you who has the flawed vision. I'm sure you are right and you are nowhere near her size and she's in denial, not you. Bigger people usually are in my experience xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. standing up straight is pretty good for toning your middle, cause you use the muscles to keep you upright instead of just your spine. it's also much better for your back too :)
    your sister probably hasn't realised how much weight she has gained. i'm sure once she sees you in a bikini next to her she'll re-evaluate her size :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, pilates is pretty good for your stomach, it usually involves a variety of exercises to work all the different muscles in your stomach. Good luck :)
    Alice xx

    ReplyDelete