Sunday, 25 March 2012

30 Day Workout

The amount of exercise I do is actually pitiful, I'll go for a 20 minute jog, or do about 20 crunches and feel as though I've done a significant amount for the day. I need to stop being lazy and get toned. So this challenge seems like a good way to make sure I do something. Hopefully it will last longer than the Junk Food Ban.

For this challenge you repeat these exercises for the 30 days, answering the questions underneath for each day. The weekends have no specified exercises, which I find good because if I'm out on the weekend then I might not have the time to exercise which will ruin my whole plan. It also means I can start it now, and as long as I do my exercises on Friday morning before I go to France/Belgium, and on the Monday night when I get home, then my trip won't ruin it.

Monday:
  • 20 squats
  • 20 lunges
  • 25 dead lifts
  • 40 crunches
  • 40 reverse curls
Tuesday:
  • 20 chest presses
  • 20 chair dips
  • 40 bicep curls
Wednesday:
  • 25 jumping jacks
  • 20 lateral raises
  • 40 front raises
  • 20 shoulder presses
Thursday:
  • 30 donkey kicks
  • 15 squats
  • 20 pelvic lifts
  • 40 oblique curls
Friday:
  • 20 squats
  • 20 lunges
  • 25 dead lifts
  • 40 crunches
  • 40 reverse curls
Day 1: How would you rate your level of energy? 1 being the lowest, and 10 being the highest. Also post your statistics.

Day 2: What are your top 5 workout songs to listen to?

Day 3: What part of your body is your trouble spot?

Day 4: Which part of your body do you like the most?

Day 5: What was your favourite sport or activity as a child? Why?

Day 6: Given the chance, which sport would you have loved to pursue?

Day 7: Are you looking forward to your workout tomorrow? Why?

Day 8: Do you eat healthily whilst on this challenge?

Day 9: What is your favourite workout drink? Why?

Day 10: Can you feel a change in energy level after two weeks of consistantly working out?

Day 11: What will you reward yourself with once you complete this challenge?

Day 12: Do you prefer exercising alone or with a friend?

Day 13: What is your favourite cardio workout? Why?

Day 14: Do you look up to someone for inspiration in weight loss? Who? Why?

Day 15: You are halfway there. How are you feeling?

Day 16: Do you smoke or drink?

Day 17: Post your workout attire and share to us why you prefer those items.

Day 18: Do you work out in an air conditioned room?

Day 19: Are you considering getting a gym membership?

Day 20: What is your favourite snack to munch on after working out?

Day 21: They say it takes 21 days to develop a habit. How are you with your workout challenge?

Day 22: How do you keep yourself motivated to get up everyday to complete your challenge?

Day 23: Have you influenced anyone to try this 30-day workout challenge?

Day 24: Would you rather workout while watching TV or listening to music?

Day 25: How much time would you normally spend on the internet?

Day 26: Do you have a blog or website where you post your workout challenge?

Day 27: Post a funny photo of yourself.

Day 28: Do you always check your weight on the weighing scale?

Day 29: Almost there. Are you glad it's almost over?

Day 30: Weight yourself. Any changes? Rate your energy level from 1 to 10.

Also, if anyone wants to know what any of the exercises are comment, and I'll link some videos or something.  

3 comments:

  1. I like this challenge. I might hold off and start it April 1st though myself. Exactly 30 days and I've got so much going on this week it'd be better. I do have to ask what a few of the moves are though. I've heard of them, but never seen what they are lol

    dead lifts
    reverse curls
    chair dips
    lateral raises
    donkey kicks
    pelvic lifts
    oblique curls

    Couple of them I think I know, but am not sure lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deadlift:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMmOfluN4h4

      Reverse curls:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIUKi1goT-g

      Chair dips:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK18Z0oHbGI&feature=fvst

      Lateral raises:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geenhiHju-o

      Donkey kicks:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFykp4b7FFQ

      Pelvic lifts:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbuGRBcFgzk

      Oblique curls:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUIwh_pSxw

      I don't know what most of them were either when I first saw this challenge, plus I don't think I have any weights at home, so I might have to use text books or something instead. Good luck with it, I hope these videos are helpful.

      Delete
  2. What a terrific challenge. I think I'll print it out and do it myself, because more exercise is always better. Thanks! And thanks for the explanations (above)!

    ReplyDelete